If you have set up a WordPress site it’s a good idea to use social media as a way of generating more traffic to your site.
- This is a great way of increasing readership of your blog, or increasing sales if you are running any online business.
- Awareness of your brand: It helps your audiences become acquainted with the people behind the website brand.
- It takes very little investment: Just a few minutes of your time, here and there, and it’s voluntary.
There are a number of great WordPress plugins available which have been designed to help spread the word about your business or blog using your preferred social media sites.
This article looks at five free social WordPress plugins and how they can help promote your site. If you get to the end, there’s a bonus — great tips that can help your social media account draw in a larger audience.
Pinterest Pin it Button for images
You’ve probably heard of Pinterest; a site where users collect interesting images and pin them to their wall. By including a Pin it button on your WordPress site Pinterest users will be able to Pin your images.
There will then be a link back to your site attached to their board for other users to view. This will also mean that your site is available in more places and is therefore more likely to be displayed in Google searches.
Best of all, research has shown that links on Pinterest outlast those on other social media sites by a huge margin!
JeffBullas.com states “Over 80% of pins are re-pins, compared to 1.4% of tweets re-tweeted.” This means there is a great chance of a pin being shared by lots of people.
WordPress SEO by Yoast
This will help your page be displayed properly when shared by others via social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
You will be able to generate more traffic from social media by using WordPress SEO as it allows users to share your photos.
The author of this article believes this is the best available SEO plugin. However, SEO Ultimate is another excellent plugin that boasts better search engine optimization settings than Yoast’s. You can learn more about it here.
Click to Tweet
Research shows that Tweets with images are shared more often than those without. Writing interesting posts will help to increase the number of followers that you have on Twitter.
Make the first couple of sentences catchy, this will make your readers more likely to read on.
You will need to have an Instagram account to use this plug in. The simply Instagram plugin uses a short code that you can add after your posts of WordPress; this will automatically link the post to your Instagram account.
This plugin is simple and easy to use, allowing you to post to both WordPress and Instagram at the same time. You are also able to schedule your posts for future dates.
This is a great feature if you are planning a holiday but want to keep your readers informed of what’s happening with your business.
Add this is another great free plugin. It allows you to integrate your website with your social media. Also allows others to share your posts and images effectively on their social media whilst linking back to your site.
This plugin should help you to generate more traffic to your site by making your posts available to more people.
Albeit, this is not an exhaustive list of social media plugins you can install for free onto your WordPress website. In fact, it’s not important to use all of these venues for social media marketing; if you are able to promote on just one social media platform, like Twitter, on a daily or weekly basis, you’ll manage to get some traffic to your website.
Just remember to provide quality information in your tweets, social posts and tumbles. That’s what will help bring people back to your social accounts, following, liking and sharing your content.
- Follow and learn from high quality brands. We suggest following high quality social media brands/personas in your industry. Learn how they tweet, what hours they tweet and then apply what you can to your own brand.
- Include images when you can. Including an image with your social media post can be very beneficial.
- Create a list of sources. Creating a list of articles you can cite with interesting and useful information will be very beneficial to you when you think of what to tweet, post or pin.
- Use tags. Get used to using a set of tags that your prospects may be interested in. Apply them to your tweets and Facebook posts. It helps your posts get seen!
We hope you benefit from this information!