Securing your WordPress affiliate site is as fundamental as setting the alarm at a brick-and-mortar shop. But website security isn’t just setting a good password, it’s making sure your super-valuables aren’t in plain sight, too!
That’s what Hide My WP does – it hides the fact that you may be using WordPress, oh and so much more. WordPress, like many other systems, can be broken into. We can take precautions to ensure a malicious hack doesn’t take overy a key component of the WordPress system using things called “code injections” and a variety of other schemes that may open up an entire site to danger.
- Secure your WordPress login by renaming the usual “mysite.com/wp-admin/” url to “mysite.com/totally-different-admin-url/”, etc or none at all!
- You can make your WordPress site even harder to break into by concealing that you run it on WordPress at all.
Hide my WP, in its latest release, is capable of a lot of security features. These include vulnerability updates on all those plugins you may have installed, so you can uninstall them or update them when they’re fixed. Also, Hide my WP has a firewall and a warning system against SQL injections, CSRF, XSS, arbitrary files and brute force attacks.
- Conceal your wp-admin login screen. Rename the url where you login to WordPress so it takes a bit more effort to find the actual login screen.
- Hide WP-Admin, Names of Themes and Plugins. Hiding plugins and themes can be useful to deter copycats to a degree.
- Alter permalink structure for authors, feeds and more.
- Firewall protection against injections, brute force attacks and more.
Whether you’re an established affiliate marketer online with several sites and a successful business, or just starting out, having security issues figured out can be beneficial in the long-run for both. We recommend plugins like Hide My WP because they make it a little bit harder for sensitive and valuable information from becoming compromised.
- Stars: 4.8/5
- Bottom line: A nice plugin that can conceal and protect your WordPress website effectively.