Why do you need a social or blog posting calendar?
Sometimes bloggers forget, sometimes they don’t have the time. Whatever the reason, a hiccup in posting new content to your website can reduce traffic and may even have a detrimental effect on your search engine position. A hiccup in social media posting, such as on Facebook, can leave your audience alienated.
- To remind yourself to post more often so your site doesn’t become stale
- Publishing more often leads to more traffic and search engine visibility
- To keep your website fresh, interesting and beneficial to everyone
- To encourage more regular, beneficial social media posting habits which build your site’s authority
The posting calendar can be tremendously useful to those new to website ownership and haven’t got into the habit of maintaining the interest of their readers. While social media is not always easy to “fit in” for busy people, a calendar thumbnail next to your keyboard can be a great way to remind oneself to post that Instagram picture, or share that Facebook post that your readers would enjoy.
- Social Media Calendar: The effect on your referral traffic will be noticeable if you’re consistent.
- Blog Posting Calendar: Doing the challenges will definitely boost your website’s online visibility and traffic.
In terms of traffic, posting more often is one of the best ways to increase your search engine visibility as you’ll be mentioning many more subjects than a website that, say, publishes just once a week. Using social media as a boost to increase visits to each new post can be a very good combination for your website — both for covering domain and host costs and increasing income.
Free Printables: designed to encourage consistency
The free Social and Blog Posting Calendar (.PDF) contains a set of mini 28-day calendars that should be cut out with scissors and taped down near your keyboard or next to your monitor, as a reminder to post daily to your blog or a social platform, like Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram. The blog posting calendar is very useful for blog owners who have very little traffic – applying the 150 consecutive post challenge will increase search engine visibility on most websites very quickly.
Want the Social + Blog Posting Calendar PDF?
- WINDOWS: CTRL + P to start the print dialogue
- MAC: Command-P
- REQUIRED: Scissors, Scotch tape (please cut carefully!)
- FILE RIGHTS: Link to and share freely without modification, resale not allowed.
If you enjoyed this free printable, please like this post. Come back to us and share your results, we’d love to hear how you did next month!