Why do you need to review your site for bugs?
You have your website up and you add content regularly. But you don’t spend a whole lot of time checking if it works. Then you get an email from someone saying your contact form isn’t working. Then you see spam in your forums. Bugs can pile up over time and if we’re a careless gardener, our little garden of a website will be taken over by all sorts of unsavory problems.
Why should you spend some time clicking around your site, sending test emails and more? For a few key reasons:
– Your customer satisfaction will go up if things work as they should
– You will be more authoritative in your business if your site is in tip-top shape
– It’s good for your site to run smoothly, and good for business
– If your site is broken, people won’t take you or your business seriously
Get a second set of eyes and tell them to click away!
If you are interested in improving your site without much work, just ask a friend to review your site’s pages. It’s inexpensive and it will give you an idea of what’s wrong. Don’t worry if the list comes back huge, you can tackle every issue one at a time, week after week. There is no rush.
– Get different users to test your site and ask them questions
– OR, prepare questions ahead of time that are important to your site’s usability
Use this checklist to ensure your website has zero bugs. It’s not perfect, but you’re free to suggest other points to us to add!
It is surprising how often website owners take for granted that their website “works” without truly checking basic functions. This list will ensure your contact pages and other features work. It also advises you to check your site speed – one of the first things that break when we make a website with all the knick-knacks we like.
The free Bug Free Website Checklist (.PDF) contains questions to ask yourself about your website to make it bug free today. If you implement the improvements suggested, your website will significantly improve, without having to spend even a penny!
Want the Bug-Free Website Checklist?
- WINDOWS: CTRL + P to start the print dialogue
- MAC: Command-P
- FILE RIGHTS: Link to and share freely without modification, resale not allowed.