I. SOCIAL MEDIA
Set up with at least 1 Social Media sharing site, like a Facebook fan page. Use the best platform for your site to communicate with your audience and refer them to your site.
Why: If you don’t get a page 1 ranking in Google for your main keyword(s), you will have a way to foster a relationship with your target audiences and grow traffic steadily.
II. ORGANIC KEYWORDS IN TITLES
Use low competition keywords, exactly as you found them, within your post titles. Use about 10-15 low competition keywords, each having a separate major post or page of around 2000 words each.
Why: If you don’t get a page 1 ranking in Google for your main keyword, you will have at least 14 other keywords that may be able to rank and bring in traffic. If your social site isn’t getting any likes or engagement yet, that little bit of organic search traffic will help while your site is new.
At least 1 advertising campaign of some sort will help to bring in steady traffic to your website. It is crucial to have a well-optimized, neat landing page with a laser-focus on your product or service’s unique selling point.
Why: If you don’t get a page 1 ranking at all for ANY keyword and your social media isn’t bringing in any traffic – having an ad or a link on a forum post that is popular will ensure you keep getting traffic to your website.
How to Get Better Results:
BE A TORTOISE, NOT A HARE.
33 Valuable Lessons for Affiliate Marketers:
TAKE IT EASY, BE A TORTOISE NOT A HARE: Build these three pillars and practice “letting go” because your website will take at least a few months to start getting sizable traffic.
- People who are hares give up easily and they don’t renew their domains. Some websites don’t take off for years, so they ruin their chances of a high traffic website by cutting its lifetime short and forgetting to renew, or choosing to take down their domain.
- People who are hares don’t spend quality time on their project, they want to get it done faster. The result is, they forget things, they make glaring mistakes for hurrying through important steps like keyword research, SEO optimization, guest blogging and other venues that are key to a passive income website online.
- It takes practice to be a tortoise that is patient and actually wins the race!
Keywords are Key!
You’ll want to do this research now:
STEP #1 : Must-Watch and Read these posts by Pat Flynn, a well-known passive income expert:
- Selecting Niche Keyword(s) That Rank Faster and Easier: Keyword Research Video Only
- Niche Site Keyword Research and Content Strategy
STEP #2 : Must-Read Keyword Analysis Guide to Select The Right Keywords For Your Site to Rank Easier
WHERE TO FIND KEYWORD IDEAS:
- Ubersuggest (FREE)
- Google Trends (FREE)
- Buzzsumo (Limited FREE searches)
- 1SEOplugin for WordPress (FREE)
- Forum Questions that are specific to your audience’s needs (Google Search: “myniche” + “forum”)
HOW TO VERIFY THE KEYWORDS:
Google the Keywords you selected and examine the first page ranking results for competitors based on what you saw Pat Flynn screen for in his Keyword research video and niche site duel posts.